Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Feeding Update

(OK - so this picture doesn't have anything to do with eating, but we just had to buy this onesie when we saw it. We thought it was just perfect for her little Mohawk. And of course we know that everyone would like to see how cute she is!)


Well, Caybree has decided that she isn't crazy about the bottle and much prefers to be nursed. (Yeah!) She was doing a partial feeding from me once a day on the weekend. (They weigh her before and after her feeding to see how much she got.) The remainder is either attempted by bottle or tube fed. (They usually feed her by tube.) But, yesterday and today she nursed 3 feedings!! One yesterday was a full feed and 2 almost were. Today, they were all almost full feeds. She is doing quite well with keeping everything down so they are increasing her feeds by 2ml each feeding. She was up to 37 ml when we were there at 9:00 p.m. We are so excited by her progress. She is such a great kid! And did I mention how cute she is?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok...Seriously that is the cutest picture I've seen. It makes you want to gobble her up...I'm so glad to hear she prefers the you know what instead of the bottle. We are all intently waiting to have you all at home, so you can play at home, eat, sleep, you know...just be out of the hospital. Brookelynn is such a good sister with Caybree. Who knows...maybe one day Brookelynn will be a doctor or something..she looks like she would be pretty good at that. We will come see you again soon. Of course we will call first! Still praying for all to continue to recover with leaps and bounds. Lots of love.
Carole, Shawn, Amy, Kristen & Ty

Anonymous said...

Likes the "boob" does she! Boy is she ever like her dad. We're glad to hear that all is going well and that Caybree is getting stronger every day.
I love the picture of her. The onesie is very cute. Take care.
Glen and Sherry

Anonymous said...

These pictures are great....she is absolutely adorable! I am so happy to hear that she loves to nurse...such a great mother-daughter bonding experience!Looking forward to seeing you soon! Brookelyn does look very proud, she will be a great help at home! See you soon!

Love, Julie

Anonymous said...

She's absolutely ADORABLE!!!! We all Thank you for the updates and the pictures. I'm very glad to hear that everything is going well.
And can't wait to take a road trip to Altona!! Looking forward to meeting "MISS CAYBREE"!!!!!and giving you all a BIG hug!!
Love Ya
Erin

Anonymous said...

Wow, she has come such a long way. She is way too cute and so is Brooklyn. The two of them are just so adorable together. It will be so nice for you to come home soon with your healthy sweet little nursing baby.
I can understand the whole nursing/bottle/tube feeding thing. We went through that with our twins. It is so nice to get them to totally nurse and chuck all the other stuff. We never did get to that point but I sure hope you do. Keep up the great job. Sounds like you are doing amazing!!!
Carla

Anonymous said...

She is SO cute! Such beautiful big eyes and her tiny little lips...precious! And she looks so strong and healthy! What a sweetheart! Continued blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

love the shirt.... We are so glad she is on the mend and can't wait to meet her. Take care and lot's of love.

Penny, Rob & Katya

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world Caybree! It was wonderful to see all the pictures of you and Brokelyn and Mom and Dad too.
Congratulations on beautiful baby sister Brokelyn. We are delighted to hear and see that Caybree is well on her way to a full recovery. We hope you will all soon be home together. Our thoughts have been and will continue to be with you.
love,
Leslie, Paul, Maeghan and Mitchell.
xo

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that she is getting better each day! I will continue to pray for you Megan and for Mark and Caybree. What a little sweetheart she is! She looks wonderful and healthy. Give me a call and let me know when you are around Wpg, or if I can come to the hospital to visit. I'mm off work now with my own belly full.
Sending you a big hug.
OOOX Ramona

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan,
Just wondering if you've heard anything as far as coming home. Amy has a tournament in the city this weekend, so I thought if you were still in maybe we could visit? I think we'll be staying at a hotel in St. Mary's area. That's where she's playing ball. Give me a call or drop me an email.

Carole

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
How's everyone doing?
Are you at home yet?
Does that adorable onesie come in adult sizes too???
We can't wait to see you and to meet Caybree-she's so beautiful!
If you're still in the city, pls call us.
Love, Ang, Chris and Owen

Anonymous said...

Megan, I can't believe how much she's changing her looks already. It happens too fast, she is oober cute, I just want to cuddle her to bits. Brooklyn is also very sweet, she looks like she's being an awesome big sister. If there's anything you guys need let me know. Hey, when Mark is home during the week to work does he need any meals or anything brought to him? Hope to see you soon.
Love Christie