Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Back to St. B

Yeah! Surgery is over and all went well. She was in surgery for just over 3 hours and they were able to do both procedures. An hour after the operation they transported her back to St. Boniface. The staff at the Children's Hospital were great, but it is nice to be back at St. B. (It is almost starting to feel like home.) Caybree will be sedated for a while to help with the pain and with probably be on her ventilator for a few days. Hopefully by next week we will be able to start feeding her. (She is now at 6 lbs 10 oz.)

We would like to thank everyone for all of their unbelievable support. All the prayers not only helped Caybree, but also gave strength to Mark and I. Thanks again to everyone. I will try to keep everyone updated with anymore progress.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Mark and Megan. This is wonderful news! Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you and look forward to the day when Caybree is home.

All our love
Andy and Jenny

Anonymous said...

Megan and Mark
thats great news....no actually it's awesome news!! Thinking of you guys lots and still praying for you all, and can't wait to meet Caybree!!
Love ya
The Stowes

Anonymous said...

Mark & Megan. Wonderful to hear that Caybrees' surgery went so well! Praise God for His faithfulness and protection! Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Love, Julie

Anonymous said...

Mark and Megan, we're thinking of you and hoping for the very best!

Take care,

Sherri and Richard Zoltenko

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and we are thinking of you often.

Jackie and David Kirkup

Anonymous said...

Mark and Megan

We are all so relieved to here of the great news! Constant prayers were going out for Caybree and for you before and during surgery. These prayers will continue as you continue the healing process with your precious child.
Byron and Ang Loeppky (and Emily and Hannah, too!)

The Cornelson's said...

Cabree,
I can hardly wait to hold you. You are so brave to have surgery at one week old. Yahoo--it's over!! Love, Abby

Helen F said...

THANK GOD for answered prayers! We were SO hoping both surgeries could be done to spare Caybree further surgeries.
Cute pic of "Daddy's girls"....... lol

Helen & Jake Froese

Anonymous said...

We are wishing Caybree a quick recovery! We are thinking about you guys!

Love, Gina Dave and Emilie

Anonymous said...

Mark and Megan,
I missed you today! I was at Health Sci., but found out Caybree was back at St. B. So I called there and the nurse on duty said you were not around at that moment. I will try again tomorrow, since I have another meeting in Wpg tomorrow.
Yes, much love and many prayers are with you and yours.
The littlest of angels bring the biggest surprises.
May God's shepherding love keep you close,
Lesley

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well. See you soon!

Love,
Courtney