Well, our little fighter continues to prove that she is full of spunk!! Caybree has gotten rid of her arterial line, leaving both hands free of tubes of any kind. However, she does have to wear little mittens now, as she is determined to pull the tube out of her nose!! (She can still manage to get her little hand around the tube with her mitts - hopefully she will soon get her way and it too, will be gone!) She has a central line in her right leg and the leads for monitoring her breathing and heart rate and that is all! It is very exciting to see the tubes slowly disappearing. Caybree is enjoying the freedom of being able to move her arms and kick her legs. She lets you know that she doesn't like her feet being touched or covered, but loves to be cuddled.
I know I am her mother, but I truly think that she gets cuter by the day!
We continue to be grateful to everyone for their support, love and prayers. I don't know where we would be without such amazing support from our family, friends and community. We truly are blessed. Thank you.
P.S. On day 10, so May 23rd, they will hopefully start trying her on milk! Yeah food!!
Horses and Stuff
14 years ago


15 comments:
What a little munchkin. I am so happy to hear Caybree continues to fight and strengthen each day. We will continue to pray that Caybree continues to fight to get better and that she will soon be home....
Love you guys.
Shawn, Carole, Amy, Kristen & Ty
YAY!! i am so happy to hear that! i pray whenever i get the chance, i miss having you in the bay and giving you hugs, COME HOME SOON!!!lots of love, xoxoKristen
Such great news! She sounds like a fiesty one so no doubt she will be home with you soon. We check in daily and you are constantly in our thoughts.
All the best.
Andy and Jenny
Its nice to hear that Caybree is such a little fighter!!!
Thinking of you lots!!
Love Ya
Erin
Yaaaaaaayy!!We are so excited to hear that she is doing so well. I can just tell she is going to be a strong person. She is such a cutie and I bet you can't wait to get her home. We send you all our love, strength and light. I'm a little worried about Mark though. He's going to find it hard being so tightly wrapped around two little girls' fingers. I guess he will just have to grin and bear it.
We will talk to you soon. Thinking of you all,
Marcie, Trevor
Keenan, Connor & Aiden Lewis
It's great to read such great news everyday. We're so happy for you guys and proud of Caybree. You're always in our thoughts.
Glen and Sherry
Happiness, relief, joy, thankfulness - you must be feeling so many things and we are all sharing them with you! Can't wait to see Caybree this summer. What kind of time line do they give you on taking her home?
thinking of you,
Rachel
Great to hear more fantastic news! It's so good to be able to share in your journey through this blog and we look forward to seeing you soon! Maybe this week will work for a visit...I'll give you a call!
Love Julie
P.S. Presley says "Go Go Go Caybree Go Go Go!" (this is her new cheer that she learned at the Moto X races while cheering for Ezra!) She misses playing with Brookelyn and I'm sure she will be fascinated with Caybree! She's been feeling our baby move and says "Wake up baby! Wake up!"
Thanks for the nice visit Monday. It was nice to finally get in to see you , Mark & Brookelynn. Hope Brookelynn had a nice visit with Caybree yesterday. Did she sing her the song? There is no doubt in my mind that Caybree could only have gotten through the last week because of her amazing parents. See you soon. Remember if you need anything, let us know.
Love and prayers...
Shawn, Carole, Amy, Kristen & Ty
Me again...The you in the last comment means you as in Megan...Love sharing all the pictures and stories.
Carole
Hi Megan, Mark and girls.
So happy to hear everything is going so well. Think of you every day and continue to pray for your little family. We will be so happy when you can get home and settled in with your newest little member.
With our love,
Garry and Lesley
I am so glad Caybree is doing better! She sounds like she is going to be stubborn, I always say that is a great characteristic! I will be in Winnipeg on June 3rd for an appointment, if you are still there I will get talking to you and come and say hi. take care guys. I keep praying for you all.
Mark, Meagen and Brooklynn, We are so happy to hear that Caybree is doing better each day. We are thinking about you and praying for you, hope you will get to come home soon, and enjoy being a family in your home. Take care, Larry and Rose.
Dearest Caybree! Hope you enjoy your 'milk day' today. Drink up so you can come home with your family and meet all of your friends that are waiting to hold you!
Love, Julie
We are glad to hear that everything is going well. Caybree is definitely determined to get home and meet all her family and friends. We hope all goes well with her feeding today. Haylie talks about and asks about how Caybree is doing. She is anxious to play with Brookelyn and meet Caybree this summer. Take care!
Kristin, Ryan, Haylie, and Easton
Post a Comment