Okay - I know that we have been keeping people waiting - I'm sorry. HOME - what a wonderful word and an even better place to be. It is great to be here! It is great to have all 4 of us here!
Caybree was discharged from the hospital on Saturday, June 14th. What a great day! (Yes, we were able to be home with Mark for Father's Day. He says that it will always be the best Father's Day gift ever!)
Caybree is still being topped up after most feedings with a feeding tube. Since her feedings were the only thing that was keeping her in the hospital, they trained Mark and I on how to change the tubes and feed her this way. Had anyone told me before that I would be putting a tube down my child's nose and throat to feed her, I would have told them they were crazy. Yet, when they told me on Monday, June 9th that they were going to teach us, I don't think I could have been more excited!!
There was some regression when we first came home. Caybree was quite sleepy and wasn't nursing as much. But we are able to see her become stronger each day and see the amazing progress that she is making. We continue to feed her every three hours to make sure that she is meeting requirements, but she still isn't gaining a great amount of weight. The dietitian has just increased the volume and we may also have to add more formula to the EBM that we tube feed her. (Expressed Breast Milk - and the formula for more calories.)
Again, we are so happy to be home as a family. We would like to thank everyone for their continued love, support, prayers and meals. We are continually blown away by the support shown to us by friends, family and community! We will be forever grateful!
Till next time! (I'll try to update more regularly!)
Horses and Stuff
14 years ago


5 comments:
Yay..I am so excited for you guys.
Let me know when it works to stop by, I have something for you(well, technically for Caybree...hee hee) and I would like to give her some cuddles:)
Trace
Thanks for the update Megan. I'm so happy for all of you that you can be at home. School is almost out and so I will be free as well as my girls. Remember if you need anything please don't hesitate. Sorry I couldn't make it for a play date on Sunday. Ty would have loved it. Next time. Call again.
Carole
whoopeeeeee!
love shauna and gang
That's great to hear! We're very excited to hear that you are finally at home and can start to live your lives in the comfort of your home.
Let us know when a good time to visit would be. School is out and we would love to see you!
Take care.
Glen and Sherry
Congratulations on being home!
Post a Comment